A bunch of stuff I read or watched lately.
- AFR thinks going plastic free is a good idea too.
- The series that galvanized the nation, War on Waste now available as a podcast.
- Now that Plastic Free July is over, should Glass Free August be next? Australia has a surplus of glass from kerbside collection, and it’s ending up in landfill. Oh and your bin contents could be funding organized crime and contaminating groundwater. Watch the Four Corners segment (45min). Lots of motivation to shop in bulk and unpackaged here in Sydney.
- #beansforbeef is catchy, and maybe also patriotic.
- Cooking lots of food at home doesn’t end up costing dramatically more in electricity – the average home’s oven is just $72 a year (Roughly $0.20 a day) even in expensive Australia.